Modi Sarkar has come up with a brand new budget for the year 2015 today leaving a large population of the nation cheerful and delighted. Let’s see how it can help the public of the country in its highly motivated gallop. Here’s a recap of the most important announcements made by Railway Minister Mr. Prabhu today.
1. First and foremost – No increase in Rail Fares.
2. Bio-toilets and airplane style vacuum toilets will be installed in coaches and disposable Linens will be provided to passengers.
3. Surveillance cameras in specific coaches, specially in ladies compartments will be installed without compromising passenger privacy.
4. Mumbai – Delhi journey to become an overnight journey.
5. Rail tickets can now be booked up to 120 days (4 months) in advance as compared to the existing 60 day period.
6. Speed on 9 railway corridors will be raised to a maximum of 200 kms/hr which is 50 kms/hr faster than the fastest current train in India.
7. Wi-fi facility will now be available on “Grade-A” stations across the country. Over 400 stations will be upgraded and revamped.
8. The train coaches will equipped with mobile phone charging stations in all bays.
9. Food can be ordered online while booking tickets.
10. All India 24×7 toll-free number ‘138‘ allocated for help-line. Security toll-free help-line on ‘182‘.
11. Rs 8.5 lack crores will be infused into uplifting Indian Railways in the next 5 years.
12. At a cost of 6.5k crores, new crossings and railway over-bridges will be built.
13. Four railway research shall begin in four different universities across the country.
14. There will better railway connectivity in the north-eastern states and J&K.
The complete speech of the Railway Minister Mr. Suresh Prabhu.
Couresy: DD News